Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

 4.Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray $6.00 for full size, Rock a sexy beach look even on those days you're not at the beach! Infused with natural Dead Sea salt and sea kelp, Beach Babe helps create voluminous texturized and wind-swept waves.

My thoughts: So, upon opening my VoxBox, I was a bit bummed out this stuff had leaked a bit in my box, and the edge of my VoxBox details card was wet. And that there was indeed actual salt stuck to the bottom of the bottle, so I knew for sure there is salt in this spray! But no biggie. And first thing I noticed was the scent! Major coconut scent and really makes you feel very tropical inhaling it! I finally got around to testing it out, and had always heard how great sea salt spray is. But sadly, I was let down. I don't know if I did something wrong. But I followed the instructions on the bottle, sprayed it in my hair( I have straight hair) and starting working it in with my fingers and nothing was happening. So I sprayed some more and actually flipped my head upside in hopes it would create more volume and texture as I worked it through and still nothing. I resulted in my usual hair routine since this didn't seem to do anything for my hair, but only making it smell good! I was going to take a pic of my results, but figured there was no point in taking a pic because there were no results to show! I wrote on the Not Your Mother's Facebook asking if I had done something wrong, and their response was,
"Kimberly, try spraying generously on 90% dry hair, scrunch with your fingers, then put hair up in a messy bun (or two) while you finish your beauty/ getting ready routine. Take your hair down when you're finally ready and you should have messy, waves... or at least more body to your hair!!"

So, I guess I will attempt what they suggested and see if that gives me any result! I do want to try more of their products, especially the one for long hair. But I would have much rather recieved the Volumizing Hair Spray!

Here is the link to their main site http://www.nymbrands.com/ to check out info on all their products
And here is the link to the Beach Babe Texturing Sea Salt Spray on Influenster http://www.influenster.com/review/not-your-mothers-beach-babe-texturizing-sea-salt-spray

 
DISCLAIMER: I received each product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. THANK YOU INFLUENSTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment